This is a diary so to speak. Documenting the outdoor activities I enjoy. Currently I'm trying to master windsurfing so that subject will be covered extensively. If you read this don't expect award winning writing as it was never really a strong point for me. You may however find a cool photo or two.

Most photos can be enlarged by clicking and feel free to leave a comment.


Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Trying new things.

Sunday I tried out a few new things... First was a Formula board in conditions that were conducive to sailing it. Second, my new GoPro digital camera.

The formula board was awesome in the conditions, a nice steady 10 to 12 knot SW wind (at least for most of the session). Air temp was in the 70's and the water was in the low 50's warm enough that gloves and cap and booties were not necessary. Unfortunately I sailed alone so I couldn't compare what I was doing to the other sailors. I will say the ability to point up and down wind was instantly noticeable. The ease at which it planed up was also immediately noticeable.

I can sail in 10 to 12 knots on my freeride board with the same 7.8 sail I was using but it is only good for BAFing, planning is marginal and I generally wish I had a bigger sail. On this a couple pumps and I was off and running. Transitions were mostly dry thanks to the width.
All in all I enjoyed my first formula experience. Now I'll need to try it with a real race sail.

As for the GoPro I'm impressed! I don't have any elaborate mounts for it yet so I basically tied it to the tail of the boom on one side and filmed from that location only. The video quality is nice for it not being the HD version.

Attached is a quickly edited (No music) clip of the session including a nice little wipeout at the end.

YP formula 3.21 from Chris C on Vimeo.

22 comments:

Catapulting Aaron said...

nice one! Also amazing how much you can see long booms flex from that angle!

ralph said...

Outdrsmn,
Formula is awesome. I live way inland in NC and it is a lake wind machine. I've used mine mostly with a 70cm fin / 9.5 but have also used with with a ezzy zephyr 7.5 with a weed fin LIT UP out of my mind. You'd be amazed how well that setup jibes. My 9.5 is a freerace sail with 2 cams. You may not need more but I'm a litter feller.

http://vimeo.com/7536718

hate said...

淫亂火辣美女本土av情色視訊聊天免費色情網站性經驗色情成人影片色情視訊聊天av圖av情色情趣娃娃成人電影院淫蕩18禁色情電話情色成人網辣妹自拍台灣av女優台灣情色春宮台灣色情成人網站0401影音g點成人vcd情色影片520sex性愛圖視訊妹調情視訊美女聊天美女性交台灣性樂園成人影像走光打砲裸女寫真美女裸照露奶激突論壇情色圖片做愛線上a片做愛視訊情色成人成人交友穿幫色情a片情色全裸入鏡台灣情色網

Outdrsmn said...

Aaron the flex surprised me too. Especially since the boom is carbon, cheap Epic carbon but carbon none the less...

Ralph... D. Kashy has been pushing to get me on Formula for some time now. They are definately fun. Looks like he may have found himself a light wind sailing partner. Doubt I'll be able to keep up with him though.

童紫勳 said...

成功招引朋友,挫敗可考驗朋友 ..................................................

嘉容嘉容 said...

xvideo打飛機專用網xvideos免費av影片A片洪爺免費85cc免費短片GOGO2聊天室77p2p免費短片洪爺色情片85cc A片go2 a片77p2p免費影片網洪爺貼圖區85cc線上看5278論壇77p2p線上看洪爺成人線上85cc免費看sogo色情77p2p免費看洪爺影城85cc影城go2影片77p2p影城洪爺色論壇85cc免費影片區go2免費影片77p2p免費影片區洪爺貼圖85cc影片區go2av影片77p2p影片區洪爺成年人網85cc成人片sogo成人77p2p成人片洪爺免費色情85cc觀看5278貼圖區77p2p觀看洪爺色情貼85cc影片5278影片網77p2p影片援交妹援交聊天室援交留言成人援交友辣妹野球拳辣妹露點

昱宏 said...

原來這世上能跟你共同領略一個笑話的人竟如此難得........................................

雲亨 said...

一沙一世界,一花一天堂,掌中握無限,剎那即永恆..................................................

劉je217relacoste0 said...

Unable to give you a heart. so have a reply to push up your post. ........................................

宗翰 said...

閒來無聊逛逛blog~~跟您打聲招呼~~

韋于倫成 said...

視訊聊天網A片-殺很大成人a影片論壇kk777視訊俱樂部avdvd情色影片嘟嘟無碼a片情色視訊聊天視訊交友聊天室avdvd無碼情色電影卡通美女a片免費試看小魔女免費影片3d美女視訊免費看哈拉網路成人區jp成人jp58avooo影音a 片天堂ut影音視訊聊天室13077aa免費影片s383情色大網咖免費 a片網愛聊天室hilive-免費影片甜心寶貝貼影片免費成人片觀賞xvediox免費影片sod特輯sex520免費影片yawuuthome 視訊聊天室av女優王國情色a片flashxyzutobe 影片分享小弟貼影片bt成人免費視訊美眉A片-sex520免費 a 片獸皇影片分享區小澤圓線上免費影片女生自衛影片日本a電影okav成人影院免費avdvd影片免費線上影片 情色a片免費無碼a片小魔女影片交流嘟嘟情人色網影片華人色片ol 線上免費影片葉子媚影片分享色瞇瞇影片網熟女人影片金瓶影片交流區-無碼a片免費影片-無碼a片免費影片欣賞aaaaa7777788卡提諾成人免費線上影片觀看avdvd免費無碼a片台灣kiss情色貼圖色妹妺免費影片觀賞

偉誠 said...

好問才能博學。......................................................

estherme said...

偉大的致富萬能之鑰,正是幫你充分掌握自己心志所必須的自律自制..................................................

兆以 said...

被人揭下面具是一種失敗,自己揭下面具卻是種勝利。...............................................................

玫友 said...

不要把生命看得太嚴肅,反正我們不會活著離開。..................................................................

Elvis湘均Kasp湘均 said...

一棵樹除非在春天開了花,否則難望在秋天結果。....................................................................

陳芳 said...

生存乃是不斷地在內心與靈魂交戰;寫作是坐著審判自己。......................................................................

秋娥秋娥 said...

成熟,就是有能力適應生活中的模糊。.................................................................

建霖建霖 said...

成功多屬於那些很快做出決定,卻又不輕易變更的人。而失敗也經常屬於那些很難做出決定,卻又經常變更的人.................................................................

文郭ss華賴ss添卉顏俊s任 said...

要照顧身體歐~保重..................................................................

婷珊 said...

這個時代,不缺乏感傷,但缺乏反思~~希望能多看到值得思考的文章!............................................................

宜欣宜欣 said...

困難的不在於新概念,而在於逃避舊有的概念。............................................................